- Title: The Unquiet Past
- Author: Kelley Armstrong
- Publisher: Orca Book Publishers
- Publication Date: September 29, 2015
- Edition: 2015 Paperback
- Special Features: Sneak peak into
- Pages: 264
- Price: $14.95
- ISBN: 978-1-4598-06542
- Genre: Fiction-paranormal
The Unquiet Past is part of a seven book, collaborative series by seven Canadian authors about a group of groups who lived in an orphanage until the Home burned down. Being the oldest they are each given a clue to their past, and forced to set out on their own. In The Unquiet Past Tess is given a clue that leads her to a small town outside Montreal, Quebec to find out who she really is, and where she really comes from.
Along the way Tess meets a mysterious boy who is also on an adventure of his own. Together the two work to uncover the mystery of their pasts, but along the way uncover something horrifying that may give them more answers than they originally bargained for.
Just like any other Kelley Armstrong book, this one easily captures your attention, and can keep it till the very end. Even though this is a novella, so not as much detail is given to the plot, or overall surroundings. But there’s enough there for the main characters, and overall plot that it doesn’t feel like a dull.
If you liked her Darekst Powers series, you may find yourself liking this novella, because the character Tess is similar to Chloe, power wise.
Overall rating: 5/5 stars.
Would I recommend: Yes, it makes for a great, quick easy read.
The Unquiet Past can be read on its own, or as part of the collaborative series, Secrets, which can be read in no particular order.
- The Unquiet Past by Kelley Armstrong
- Small Bones by Vicki Grant
- A Big Dose of Lucky by Marthe Jocelyn
- Stones on a Grave by Kathy Kacer
- My Life Before Me by Norah McClintock
- Shattered Glass by Teresa Toten
- Innocent by Eric Walters
Follow Me On:
- Twitter: Kat Reviews (@KaterinaShirley)
- Goodreads: Katerina Shirley